I`ve always had PC`s, so entering into the Apple world feels a bit weird. Well.. I`m not a total beginner. I have an iPod, an iPhone and an iPad at home. So, when my HP laptop suddenly desided it was time to die a couple of months ago (without warning of course), I thought it was time I took the leap and got a Mac. It`s time I got bilingual, so to speak. I`ll still have my Dell computer at work, so I`m not completely lost if this turns out to be a mistake..
Anyway.. a few initial thoughts after 3 days in Apple land..
- The keyboard
- The navigation
- The screen (I know, I know..)
- The PhotoBooth program. I know it`s a bit shallow, but it`s just fun!
- That it`s fast
- That it`s “on” as soon as I open it up. No waiting.
- No restart all the time
I`m not so crazy about:
- That there seems to be no way to force shut down of a program that`s stuck
- That it makes a lot of noise when I put in a DVD
- The apple key on the keyboard. It`s just not as easy using apple-key + C as Ctrl+C
Well… early days. I`m sure I`ll encounter more pro`s and con`s along this way.